Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Bagel or baggette

So on the way to work this morning I stopped in at a sort of cafe...ok it was a 24 hour convenience store. But I much prefer those places to cafes, they don't have the hoity toity atmosphere you get at say Cibo's.

One time I was at Cibo's on Rundle street and as I was walking out, I stress the word walking here as I was not 'rushing', the waitress spun round with and arm full of plates and cups and smashed them all into my chest. I was covered in coffee and glass. She quickly shouted to her boss who was glaring at her 'IT WAS HIS FAULT'. I was too busy picking the glass out of my pants to notice that I was gettin all the blame for this affair. What a jerk she was, I hope she got fired for forgetting to shave her moustache before going to work.


Anyway I digress...in the 'cafe' this morning I saw a lovely looking turkey bagel. I went to the counter and asked for a turkey baggette. The man said we only have chicken and ham, I was confused cause I could have sworn it was turkey but I decided I was wrong and said ok gimme the chicken....He then gave me a baggette. I was surprised as I was expecting some nice donut shaped boiled bread and instead I got this huge long roll.
I said to the guy, 'umm....I asked for a baggette' and he said, 'yeah' this is a baggette. I immediately realized that I had confused baggette with bagel and took the baggette before embarrassing myself further in front of the people lining up...

Lucky I wasn't in Cibo's or I would have had plates thrown at my head for making such a faux par!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

faux pas

3:11 PM, June 01, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"baguette"

10:10 AM, June 02, 2005  
Blogger matt said...

thanks for that

2:15 PM, June 02, 2005  
Blogger matt said...

you obiously lead a very fulfilled life...

2:16 PM, June 02, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

obviously

11:03 AM, June 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home