Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Charity Wrist Bands

ok, lemme say this. Im all for charitable people. Its great to 'give' to the world a little of what you are lucky enough to have.

Its also nice to represent a cause by wearing a sticker or something on your body. Though I never do cause it never matches my very plain attire...

But something that is giving me the shits is these damn rubber bracelets that everyone is now wearing. I think they started as a breast cancer thing but now it seems that every bloody charity in the world is making them. THEY LOOK STUPID!!!!

And they are everywhere. Even my lovely housemate has one. Sorry Steph.

All day at work students hand stuff into me and i would say about 80% have them, It makes me sick to my stomach. I wonder where they make these things, and if they are made in a 3rd world country by some poor kid that the charity is trying to save. I should look into that as it will make this rant more valid.

If someone tries to sell me one of these things for charitable reasons I will most likely rant in their face about the price of fashion on our society. Of course the rant wont make any sense as I wear Levi's jeans and Dunlop Volleys...but while I stand there shouting as some pimply kid trying to save the world, I will believe I am right.

Which is always the most important thing as far as Im concerned.

The only good thing that could develop from these wrist bands would be the old '80s thing where if you were wearing one and someone broke it, it would mean they had to have sex with you. I would like to see that law come back into our legal system. I wonder what crazy politician phased that one out. Damn government, too busy trying to get 'mateship' into the constitution and not paying enough attention to the wrist band laws...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Image Hosting Sites Show Huge Growth In '05
Nielsen/NetRatings reports that traffic to image hosting websites has skyrocketed due to the massive rise in blogging activity seen since the beginning of 2005.
work at home

2:36 PM, October 05, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

defective yeti http://www.defectiveyeti.com/archives/001449.html has a very similar article but he's selling "careless bands", Hell, I'd wear one of those.

I can't believe gizmodo is spamming you, I thought they were better than that.

6:53 PM, October 05, 2005  
Blogger Ms Smack said...

I keep the little bows, for different stuff on a coat I wear sometimes. Something like modern bling I could call it. BUT I'm safe for Harmony Day, Daffodil Day, SIDS, and Breast Cancer.

Smaller than a damn stupid arm band, and you'll shut up the charity people..

AND you remain in credit with the karma bank.

Failing that, just lie. "yeh, i've already donated thanks' or [my personal favourite] I work for them, I give enough 9-5 !

lol

11:35 PM, October 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home