Monday, April 10, 2006

Organic Schmanic

So apparently the modern western world is becoming more and more conservative. Well at least there seems to be a movement from the youth towards the right as apposed to the left to which they are usually drawn.

This is of a great concern to me as I consider myself to be a bit of a lefty, but at the same time do not want to associate myself with the majority of 'left wing' people i meet. Im sure there are a lot of reasons why people are increasingly becoming annoyed by 'lefties' however I point the finger at organic food shops.

Now im sure they aint all bad but there is one in the city that makes my blood boil as soon as i walk into it. I feel like dragging a cow into the middle of the shop and carving it up in front of them. Its not just all the terrible slogans they have around the shop that bother me, or the annoying way everything is set out so it looks like you are in some sort of cave, but its mostly the people who work there.

Now I have no real logical reason to dislike these people. They seem harmless but they appear to me as the most annoying people in the world. Why do they have to be so loud and so damn positive about everything? And why do they all have to wear trendy ties? And why do they have to look like something out of 'how to dress like an indie/lefty/tosser boy' magazine.

I cant go in there anymore. Organic food is good for you. And its better to buy organic food than heavily processed food. and its better to buy from small shops as apposed to multinational supermarkets. But god, it is a lot more annoying.

Also the other day I went to a hardware store to buy some stuff. As I was walking around in there I thought to myself 'you know this is great, its a nice little shop, owned by the people who work here, its not like Bunnings'. I then went to the counter and asked where something was.

'ITS OVER THERE!' the woman said very gruffly, and pointed to basically the entire shop.

I then wished I was in Bunnings.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

its just because those organic boyz get would like to get their organic hands on your woman

3:56 PM, April 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

matt, reading this made me as angry as i used to get when i watched "the panel".
as penance, i want you to write me an essay defining the terms "youth", "left", "right" and "conservative".
then shut up.
xox nick

2:46 AM, April 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home