Friday, November 18, 2005

Anus-ol

In my lunch break today I found myself in a chemist with my good pal Tony, who actually prefers to be called 'Toadie', and we were lookin at all the stomach related products.

A few days earlier while having a schnitzel at the world famous London Tavern I had seen an ad on the television for a new medicine for Irritable Bowel Syndrome, something I suffer from. It promised to cure bloating, gas and everything else that came along with the horrible torture that IBS can bring to your daily life.

I was excited and wanted to 'check it out'.

We perused the shelves looking for it but were not able to find it. Maybe the ad is making it a popular item, and it is selling fast. I didnt want to ask the counter lady if they had it as its kinda embarrassing. 'Do you have that new medicine for people who fart a lot?'

However in our perusals we found many amazing things.

The detox kits were awesome. My friend Toadie talked me through them as he had tried one before. "I was a new man! I even went to bed on time!!' Sounded pretty amazing to me. He recommended one that came with a free CD-ROM. I thought about it and decided that I might do one after Christmas. It cleans you all out! Liver, stomach, and all the other crap inside...

This reminded me of my interest in gettin an enema. I would love to clean out the old system. I assume it makes you feel amazing, specially for someone like me whos bowels are always a little tender...

We then found some very amusing products suck as De-Gas lots of other fart related pills, some bottle of stuff for bloated women with a picture of an old lady in a pink blouse on the label.

But the best were Anusol Wipes. Little things you wipe on your anus when you have hemmeroides. The best things about these were not just the lovely diagrams on the box but the fact that they are called Anusol wipes.

ANUS (H)OL(E). Marketing genius at its best. I hope to god I never get hemmeroides cause having to buy that stuff would make me giggle too much.

Chemists ey.

ps if the big words are spelt wrong...I DONT CARE!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey matthew, Anus-ol is the least of your problems. You should be concentrating on the other side of your digestive tract. ie using Wrigleys 'Extra' for your bad breath.

1:25 PM, November 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home