Friday, January 13, 2006

30 = past it?

I have been known for stating several times that once you have passed 30 your life is over. Finished. Kaput.

What possible excitements and new experiences can you have after 30 that warrant living much past that. I have argued this opinion with several of my friends. Most whom have disagreed with me and argued strongly against my opinion. I remained convinced of my position that after 30 life was basically crippled with the realisation that there is nothing really left.

I have held this belief strongly in my mind for several years. That was until one woman changed my mind on the whole idea. That one woman is...

MADONNA

Madonna has proven to me that life after 30 can be very eventful and sometimes better than before 30. I believe her body of work after 30 to be far superior than that of her youth. A very unusual occurance for a musician. Sure I like a lot of her early stuff and some of its damn catchy, but my god her new stuff is genius.

Her new song 'Hung up' is one of the best songs ive heard in a very long time. Sure she has made some big errors. Trying to rap for example, covering American Pie, wearing horrible army clothes, but we can forgive her of these slight errors for her otherwise non-stop genius.

Just look at some of the highlights from her 30s onwards...She turned 30 in 1988 btw.

Released the following hits: Like a Prayer, Vogue, Justify My Love, Erotica, Ray of Light, Nothing Really Matters, Beautiful Stranger, Dont Tell Me, Die Another Day, Hung Up. To name a few.

Starred in Dick Tracy and Evita.

Released books on Sex, had babies, signed huge record deals.

It seems that she has been more successful after 30 than before. What a woman. What a world.

What does this mean for me? Well it means i can take it easy for a few more years. chill. whats the flowers grow. eat more.
Ill be happy to wait till im 35 till i sign with sony records. I can struggle for a bit longer.

I think I will have to buy that newish Madonna album pretty soon tho.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you better start working out/wearing sunscreen as well...

Madonna LOOKS GOOD still...

3:39 PM, January 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

even if she does have 80s hair (again)

4:48 PM, January 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know madonna has also written children's books! i wonder if they were a condensed version of her books on sex...?

8:43 AM, January 17, 2006  
Blogger CathyW said...

It's not only not over...you realise how it was really rather fake before 30!! Gets better and better.

4:56 PM, January 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you considered the possibility that you might be experiencing the 30 = wanker phenomenon a few years early? that would explain the unbearable smugness, and the sagging bosoms.

9:11 PM, January 18, 2006  
Blogger Drew said...

Madonna is your reason for not committing suicide on the last day you're 29?

C'mon, you're just being facetious, aren't you...

10:10 PM, January 18, 2006  
Blogger Andy said...

I keep hearing that life is better after 30... but I guess I'll find out then...

I will agree that Madonna is a genius at reinventing herself and influencing the direction of music, though.

4:54 PM, January 19, 2006  
Blogger PetStarr said...

30 is the new 21, so don't worry.

3:23 PM, January 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home