Friday, August 12, 2005

Come on in, the Coffee's fine!

Yesterday my boss (who looks a lot like an old version of Hugh Grant) asked me to put on a pot of coffee in one of those peculator machines...I have no problems with doing this. I kind of enjoy using the machine. I dont drink coffee so its a kind of novelty for me to use these things and I do enjoy the smell.

When I went into the room where my boss was having a meeting with all these important types I looked around for the usual bag of coffee that I pour into the filter thing. I couldnt find it but instead I found a jar of coffee. Looks the same I thought to myself and filled up the filter, started the peculator and went back to my office.

About 30 minutes later after the meeting had finished my boss came out and asked me to put some more coffee on. Then he said, 'that last coffee you made was very bitter' tasted really strange. I was a little surprised, I made up some excuse about it being the end of a bag so that could be it. But I knew in my head what had happened. I had used instant coffee in the machine. And a lot of it! When I pulled out the filter it was completely white (usually its covered in brown bits of coffee), all the coffee had dissolved through it. My boss say it and looked confused. 'Must be a bad filter!' he proclaimed. I quickly agreed...I found some real coffee and made a proper batch.

The stuffed shirts in that meeting must have had a horrible taste in their mouth...and were probably wired for hours...lets hope they werent making any important decisions in there.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

generally instant is a *lot* weaker than brewed... you would need 3-4 teaspoons of instant to approach the strength of a 'real' coffee

im sure they were fine

10:12 AM, August 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home