Monday, July 18, 2005

Rabbits vs Rats

Last night I went over to a friends house. She was playing trivial pursuits with some friends...I sat there while they finished the game.

It was some special version of trivial pursuits, some sort of Australian young peoples version. lots of questions on the Sydney Olympics and whatnot.

A question came up that my friend had a lot of trouble answering...
'In the late 19th century what did an Englishman release 12 of into Australia that would soon become a plague?'

She thought about it for a little while and answered 'rats'. Oh how we laughed and laughed. RATS! An Englishman released 12 rats into the wild outback of Australia. 'But you see rats everywhere!' she proclaimed.

She was then allowed another guess...'Fleas?' HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAAA. Give her the nobel prize.

Eventually she answered rabbits and was slightly redeemed...only slightly.

Now in the interest of comedy I will write the conversation of 2 Englishmen as one of them release 12 fleas into the harsh Australian outback.

*to be read in posh English accents*

Englishman 1: I do say my dear fellow what is that you have there in that tiny box?
Englishman 2: Why it contains 12 fleas my good man.
E1: 12 fleas!? Whatever for, wot?
E2: Why for sport of course, my good man!
E1: FOR SPORT!? What on God's great earth could one do with such fleas in sport?
E2: To tell you the truth, I havnt really thought about that...
E1: Very good then. Well do hurry up, I am simply famished for a cup of tea.
E2: Jolly good!

------------------------

Later on that night I went onto answering 6 out of 6 questions on a card of trivial pursuits. It seems that no one over the age of 25 knows who Jackson Pollock is. Strange. Must be some sort of 'cultural' gap.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, write more about Patch Baggums next time.

2:14 PM, July 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home