Monday, February 06, 2006

Playin at the ol' BDO

So my band played the Big Day Out in Adelaide. And yes we were amazing. It was very easy to play there in the end, lots of people helping us out and most of the local bands we shared the stage with were really nice and easy to get along with. I even had people wanting to get their photo taken with me. That was very unusual but entertaining.

The best band I saw all day was Wendy Icon. An Adelaide band Id never even heard of. They were the best showmens Id seen in a very long time, complete with flares strapped to guitars and cream pies. Ill be seeing them again.

I hung out backstage with The Go Team. That was pretty fun. I spoke to the guy called Ian. We talked boring recording stuff that I found very interesting, but im sure anyone listening in would have been bored stiff. Then Henry Rollins walked passed and I was confused by both his neck and his strange attitude. I dont get him. He was good in his early days but now I think of him as a bit of a joke. Seemed like a nice enough chap tho. and The Mars Volta have the most amount of band gear Ive ever seen.

I was also lucky enough to take a piss with 2 members of Wolf and Cub.

The rider at the BDO was not all that we had dreamed. There were no sandwiches to speak of. I was forced to go to the sausage sizzle tent.

I had a choice between BBQ sausage, and gourmet sausage. The difference being $2.50. I asked the Indian man behind the counter what the difference between the two were and he replied in a very Apu from the simpsons type voice 'The gourmet sausage has several herbs and spices'. I went the gourmet. Im pretty sure the only difference is that it came in a hot dog bun as apposed to a piece of bread.

But it hit the spot.

It was a nice day. I got tired and a bit bored of seeing bands by the end of it. But it was fun times.

Wow what a boring and non funny post. ill have to funny it up somehow....bah i cant be bothered.

3 Comments:

Blogger littlefaeriegirl said...

hi matt,
i saw your band at the big day out and i loved it. was my first no through road experienced and i enjoyed every minute of it, even if i am almost 30

4:03 PM, February 07, 2006  
Blogger matt said...

thank you!

4:14 PM, February 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you are joking about wendy icon!

4:50 PM, February 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home